Climate in Cebu

Straight, uncensored information from those who live in Cebu.

Living In Cebu


Home

Forums

 

LinC Pages


My Budget

Metro Lang

How we lived

Cost of living

Philpost Rates

Travel in Cebu

Vision & Goal

Boat Schedules

It's only a dollar

Broadband

 

Sister Sites


Cebu Tours

Cebu Realtors

Cebu Online

 

Videos


Cebu Videos

Visayan Videos

 

Philippine Forums


Philippine NightLife

Holland-Phil

Living In The Philippines

 

Other Sites


MyPH

Retire

Big Jim's

Streetwise

Holland-Phil

Flee the Country

Cebu on Wheels

 

Interviews


Pointman Cebu

 

Affiliates


49 Ways to Make a Living in the Philippines

 

Philippines

Yahoo Groups


Streetwise

School Talk

Phil. Dreams

Social Events

MAG-ANAK

Living In Phils

Living in Cebu

Living in Davao

The Philippines is situated between 5 and 22 degrees North latitude. This means the country falls within the so-called tropical climate zone, a zone characterized by high temperatures the whole year round, relatively high rainfall and lush vegetation. Cebu’s climate is tempered by a sea breeze from the Pacific Ocean.

Daily temperatures range between 26 and 38 degrees Centigrade. At night, the temperature can drop to as low as 18 degrees in the “winter”. The winter, or cool period, is from October to February. The “summer” is April to May. The hottest months of the year are March and April.

The Philippines is part of the typhoon belt, a belt between 10 and 40 degrees North latitude where typhoons are common. The Philippines is visited yearly by approximately 22 typhoons. Typhoons are very strong storms with wind velocities of two to three hundred kilometers per hour. Cebu is situated on 10 degrees North, which means the southern edge of typhoon belt. Typhoons therefore hit the island only very seldom, statistically once in every forty years. The last strong typhoon that hit the island was typhoon “Ruping” in November 1991. This typhoon hit the island with winds of 325 kilometers per hour. Damage was extensive, but loss of life was limited. The typhoon season is from May to December.

Rainfall on the island can occur in every month, but the wettest months are October, November and December. Annual rainfall is approximately 1.5 meters. Due to the steep, deforested, mountains on average 60 percent of the rainwater runs off fast to the sea. The remaining 40 percent partly evaporates partly seeps through to the island’s underground water aquifer. The relatively small part that finally reaches the aquifer, means that care is necessary in using this underground water supply. Unlimited pumping can ultimately lead to sea water intrusion into the aquifer, rendering it useless for drinking.

Cebu’s climate is characterized by clear blue skies and a refreshing sea breeze. A perfect climate for beach and other outdoor activities.

Affiliates


 

Research


Books

Cebuano

Streetwise
Philippine Dreams

 

Who Else Wants to Escape to a Tropical Paradise?

 

 

 

 

Copyright ©2003, 2006 Living In Cebu

Revised: 01/28/11 14:01:18 +0800